Dates and Nuts Ladoo / Healthy Ladoo

Dates and Nuts Ladoo / Healthy Ladoo


..dates,,almonds,.pistachios.........


Dates - one of the richest source of iron and calcium. They are very good for skin, hair and the overall development of the body. It is said that eating
3 dates per day gives us the most benefits. Somehow, my daughter doesn't like dates and I cant force her to eat them. It was then that I came up with Dates and Nuts Laddo.

deseed dates,..grind,...give shapes...


I came to know about this sweet from a regional magazine. The first time I prepared this ladoo and my family fell in love with it, including my in-laws. This has become a regular in my house. I prepare small sized laddoos so that it will be easy for me to pop them into my kids mouth. Everyday, before they leave to school, I just pop in a laddo into their mouths. Very happily, they wish me 'bye' with a big flying kiss in return.

Dates and Nuts Laddo is a very yummy dessert or sweet that doesnt contain sugar. It gets its sweetness from dates. There are other dry fruits that are also included which are considered to be very healthy. This dish can be moulded according to your requirements. I have just taken 3 types of dry fruits. However, you can include any type of dry fruits according to your family's desire. This is my version of preparing Dates and Nuts Laddooooo...


healthy and tasty too


Preparation


Discard the seeds from the dates and chop them finely.


Grind the almonds into bite sized pieces or a coarse powder.  You can also chop them finely if you wish.


Remove the shells of the pistachios and grind them to a consistency that is similar to that of almonds.


Put the chopped dates, almonds and pistachios in a microwave safe bowl.


 Add ghee and mix well and put in the oven.


Microwave for 1 minute at High and remove. Give it a nice stir and put it in the oven again.


Microwave for another 1-2 minutes. Remove and mix it well. The dates would have become soft by now and you will be able to make laddoos.


Allow it to cool a bit and then prepare small laddoos using your hands. Store them in an airtight container. If you do not have an oven, you can do it on the stove top. Heat the dates mixture until the dates becomes soft. Keep stirring continuously so that it doesnt get burnt at the bottom. Remove from flame, allow to cool and prepare laddoos. This is very healthy snack for both adults and kids.

..dates are very rich....


Ingredients


Dates 500g or 2.5 cups of chopped dates
Almonds 1/2 cup
Pistachios 1/2 cup
Ghee 2 tbsp.


healthy dates,....mix well....give shapes...

Method


  1. Remove the seeds from the dates and chop them finely.
  2. Grind the almonds and pistachios to bite sized pieces or a coarse powder separately one after the other.
  3. Mix the chopped dates, ground almonds and pistachios in a microwave safe bowl.
  4. Add ghee and mix well.
  5. Put in the oven and microwave for a minute.
  6. Remove from oven and give it a nice stir.
  7. Put in the oven again and microwave for another 1-2 minutes. The dates will have become soft by now.
  8. Mix it well and allow to cool.
  9. Once warm, give shapes and store in an airtight container.
  10. If preparing on stove top, cook dates, almonds and pistachios mixture until the dates become soft.
  11. Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan.
  12. Remove from flame, cool and give shapes.

Notes


  • You can add any kind of dry fruits like walnuts, dry grapes, cashews, etc., according to your like.
  • If adding dry grapes ( kismis ), reduce the amount of dates as it might become too sweet.
  • I have not added cashews as I include cashews in many dishes that  I prepare. Its only the badam and dates that my kids don't consume in much quantities. Hence I have made the substitution.


No comments:

Post a Comment